Subject: Re: digital camera
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2001 13:20:39
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Dieter Baron wrote:

> hi,
>
> what digital cameras (still photos) are supported by NetBSD,
> preferably 1.5?  What buses, adaptors, or extra devices are required
> to transfer pictures off them?

You might like to look at gphoto: http://gphoto.org/ it should probably work
under NetBSD.

If you get a camera which takes compact flash cards, the pcmcia compact
flash adaptors work just fine (well the sandisk one does for me) with
NetBSD, and i beleive that there are some usb compact flash readers
that work too...

Most cameras will work to one extent or another - one thing to check is that
the pictures they produce are in a format that there are readily avilable
tools to manipulate - come kodak cameras produce .kdc files which are
specially mangled jpegs + a tiff thumbnail...

--
     "The aurochs was the great, black bull that was painted on cave
walls  alongside bison and mammoths  by tacky prehistoric minimalist