Subject: ISDN question
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2001 06:42:28
(How difficult) What were the steps involved in porting/importing
isdn4bsd into NetBSD?  I ask this question because I want to use ISDN in
one of my NetBSD/i386 machines, but the telephone company here only
offers a network card which is not in the list of supported cards for
isdn4bsd 0.96.

However, a driver for such board was partialy developed for FreeBSD (by
someone who happens to be one of my bosses), and I would like to know if
porting it to NetBSD can be straightforeward or if it would require more
extensive hacking.  More generally, I would like to know if adapters'
drivers are too depend on the OS internals, or if they are on a
sufficiently high level to make things more easily doable.

--
        Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiendi audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.