Subject: Re: gettext package in current
To: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2001 05:45:25
>>	some of pkgsrc requires pkgsrc/devel/gettext, for gettext.m4
>>	(autoconf input script file).  maybe we should split gettext.m4
>>	into independent pkgsrc.
>Is there any quick work-around, so that I can build some packages?
>Thanks.

	caveat: i haven't tried this, i'm not sure if it works.

	get gettext.m4 from GNU gettext distribution, and put it into
	/usr/pkg/share/autoconf.

	even if you install pkgsrc/devel/gettext, it only gives you redundant
	binaries (/usr/bin/msgfmt and /usr/pkg/bin/msgfmt), nothing more.
	i believe it's harmless.
	or are you saying you cannot build pkgsrc/devel/gettext by some reason?

itojun