Subject: Re: gettext package in current
To: Ruibiao Qiu <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2001 05:45:25
>>	some of pkgsrc requires pkgsrc/devel/gettext, for gettext.m4
>>	(autoconf input script file).  maybe we should split gettext.m4
>>	into independent pkgsrc.
>Is there any quick work-around, so that I can build some packages?

	caveat: i haven't tried this, i'm not sure if it works.

	get gettext.m4 from GNU gettext distribution, and put it into

	even if you install pkgsrc/devel/gettext, it only gives you redundant
	binaries (/usr/bin/msgfmt and /usr/pkg/bin/msgfmt), nothing more.
	i believe it's harmless.
	or are you saying you cannot build pkgsrc/devel/gettext by some reason?