Subject: Re: anoncvs update problem (fwd)
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
From: Ruibiao Qiu <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2001 00:06:42
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:56:03PM -0600, Ruibiao Qiu wrote:
>> Thanks, Chris.  This solved the problem.  Is this a special
>> case for me, or should we put this in the FAQ?
>Uh... it's pretty well documented.
>Go read

Well... that's exactly what I have been reading (and using).  The
is no mentioning of CVS_RSH.  I did what a tcsh user is told to
do, but it always failed until the CVS_RSH trick.

>Anyway, don't use ssh, as the transport dies pretty easily. Use

How should I do it?  I did
setenv CVSROOT
but it didnt work.  Is this what you mean?  Or "setenv CVS_RSH
pserver"?  It would be more clear if there is some more
information on the FAQ.  Thanks.