Subject: Re: libipsec compile problem
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2001 20:09:24
On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 09:19:44PM +0100, Thilo Manske wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08 2001 at 12:57:12 -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> > 	You probably managed to build w/o obj directories and didn't do
> > a make cleandir before the make obj.  The easiest way to fix this in the
> Well, no. The files were dated something with february of this year, but
>
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 thilo  wsrc  29 Jun  2  2000 obj.vax -> /usr/src/o/o.vax/lib/libipsec
>
> i.e. I had objdirs before the files were created. That's why I said
> "for some reasons I don't unterstand" since what you say is something I do
> understand very well :-).
	no, you didn't.  You have the files there before the object directory,
so when you created the obj directory and did a make, make still used the
.c files that were sitting in the outside the object directory which caused
the time stamp to be modified making it look like the obj directory was
there first.
	I think that the way to fix this is to add all the generated .c (and
whatever else) files onto a .NOPATH line.  I think the easiest way to do
that would be to add ${CLEANFILES} to the .NOPATH line in bsd.prog.mk.
(sanity check please, someone?)

eric