Subject: Re: xterm v. xterm-old
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2001 01:31:41
On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 09:50:15PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> Don't know, but you could try experimenting with setting COLORTERM and
> COLORFGBG in your environment for libslang, as described in

I doubt this'll change much, since I'm using the standard xfree86
xterm (no color support).

> Also if you set LYNX_SCREEN_LIB=ncurses in your environment when you
> build the package (either lynx or lynx-current), it'll not only use
> ncurses instead of slang, but it'll enable "color styles", which lets
> you set the attributes to colors mappings in a file.

Erm, I guess, except that I don't think libslang is the problem...
because of the annoying ignorance of +vb settings, I'd say it's the
new termcap. (Using TERM=xterm-old exhibits neither of these
behaviors.)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net