Subject: Re: xterm v. xterm-old
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/2001 02:43:18
M L Riechers <mlr@rse.com> typed:
:>> 1) Why is lynx completely useless with TERM=xterm (full-on blank
:>> white). Will recompiling it fix this? (I doubt it, since I'm pretty
:>> sure I built it *after* installing 1.5 and its new termcaps on this
:>> laptop).
:This is a (nasty bad) base64 output from the i386 using
:lynx -book >lynx.out:
:GzcbWz80N2gbWzE7MjRyG1s0bBsoQhspMBtbbRtbMzBtG1s0N20bWzE7MjRyG1tIG1syShtb
[...]

Nothing wrong in this area.  Uses bold yellow on blue.  Would need output
from something which does go wrong.

:This is a similar, but swell, base64 output from the v162 (netbsd
:1.4.1) using lynx -book >lynx.out:
:GzcbWz80N2gbWzE7MjRyG1s0bBsoQhspMBtbbRtbMTsyNHIbW0gbWzJKG1syNDsxSBtbN21V
[...]

This has no colour sequences in it.

gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> typed:
:I actually think lynx's remaining problems will be solved with a
:libslang update, which I haven't done yet since the tarball's sum
:doesn't match that in pkgsrc. Anyway, if my libslang has a problem
:with the new xterm definition, shouldn't that show up with mutt too?
:(It doesn't.)

pkgsrc mutt doesn't use libslang (though you only have to change
two or three lines in the pkgsrc/mail/mutt/Makefile to have it do so)
And then you can do "default" colours.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>