Subject: IPv6 source address selection strategy
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2001 22:41:26
I have been playing with IPv6 a bit, an configured myself 2 tunnels, the
first to freenet6.net, and later the other to ipng.nl.

I noticed that when I set the latter tunnel as the default route, the
source address of packets was still the address of the former tunnel.
The result was asymmetric routing: packets went out one tunnel and
replies came back through the other.

Only when I unconfigured the first address, the source address selected
was the one from the same (now only) tunnel.

I don't think this is desirable (and IPv4 does not do it like this). Is
there any spec about it?

Cheers,
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ land.nl     --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp