Subject: Re: Problem with Gigabyte GA-6VX7B-4X Motherboard
To: Mark Davies <mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2001 13:58:24
On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 03:42:57PM +1300, Mark Davies wrote:
> Another problem we are having with these machines is we can't seem to get
> reasonable volume out of the built-in sound.
>
> Presumably this and the other problems are due to small differences between
> the VT82C686B that is in the machine and the VT82C686A that current knows
> about.  As we have 60 of these machines I'm quite motivated to resolve this
> but need some pointers on how to approach it.

Could you send me the whole dmesg output of your machine ?
I need to do some large changes to the VIA IDE code, I should be able to
fix that at the same time.
In the meantime, running at UDMA 2 instead of 4 should'nt be much
a problem, only a small performance penalty.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>