Subject: Re: Suggested change to whois...
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
From: Nigel Reed <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2001 22:31:17
There is a version of whois for linux (you can find it on
which appears to do what is requested. I have been thinking for a while
now that something similar for netbsd would be nice.

[nigel@cartman nigel]$ whois
.NU Domain Ltd Whois service

Found exact match:

ID: 7164
Created: 13-Feb-1998
Modified: 09-Feb-2000
Expires: 13-Feb-2004

[nigel@cartman nigel]$ whois

# Copyright (c) 2001 NIC-SE. All rights reserved.
*domainname.status:              REGISTRERAT
*domainname.regdate:             1989-03-20

*                  NS                  NS                  NS            A

Now that is useful!