Subject: Re: Suggested change to whois...
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2001 22:31:17
There is a version of whois for linux (you can find it on freshmeat.net)
which appears to do what is requested. I have been thinking for a while
now that something similar for netbsd would be nice.

[nigel@cartman nigel]$ whois nelgin.nu
.NU Domain Ltd Whois service

Found exact match:

Domain: nelgin.nu
ID: 7164
Created: 13-Feb-1998
Modified: 09-Feb-2000
Expires: 13-Feb-2004

[nigel@cartman nigel]$ whois sunet.se

# Copyright (c) 2001 NIC-SE. All rights reserved.
[snip]
*domainname.name:                sunet.se
*domainname.status:              REGISTRERAT
*domainname.regdate:             1989-03-20

*domainname.dns.data:
sunet.se.                  NS  ns.kth.se.
sunet.se.                  NS  server.nordu.net.
sunet.se.                  NS  sunic.sunet.se.
sunic.sunet.se.            A   192.36.125.2

Now that is useful!

Regards
Nigel