Subject: Re: kern/11627
To: David Querbach <querbach@realtime.bc.ca>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/2001 05:53:02
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, David Querbach wrote:

> > (What about PCI-ISA busses in non-i386 machines, then? Do we treat
> > them the same way? I'm pretty sure such things do exist...)
>
> They definitely do.  For example, my MBX821 PowerPC board has:
>
>        Host bus            PCI bus           ISA bus
>   CPU <--------> Host-PCI <-------> PCI-ISA <-------> ISA
>                   bridge            bridge            devices
> >
> > > (I'm in favor of ripping out "isa* at pcib?" and "isa* at pceb?" and
> > > just leaving "isa0 at mainbus0", since the former two give the
> > > not-very-useful impression that the entire ISA bus is behind them.)
>
> Only in i386, I presume?  In my case, the ISA bus _is_ behind pcib.

Will this work for EISA, though?  That's what kern/11627 was all about.

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
 - USATODAY.com latest Health news for 12/4/2000 at 2:10 p.m.:
    Tobacco firm backs lung cancer test: Spaz the cat will never again
    want for medication to relieve his constipation.