Subject: Re: chrooted bind
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2001 09:32:28
> Btw, the ISC claims they could only get 9.1.0 compiled on NetBSD by
> way of unproven-pthreads 0.17... but we don't seem to need them (which
> is good for me, considering the pkgsrc version doesn't recognize
> powerpc-unknown-netbsd)... what'd we do differently? Converted to
> cooperative threads? Ignored the problem?

Strange, this is what pkgsrc's 9.1.0 links to in -current/i386:

         -llwres.2 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -lomapi.3 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -ldns.3 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -lisc.3 => /usr/pkg/lib/
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/

Its been running for a day now and seems ok.  The only installation
wart was that "ndc" got renamed to "rndc" and now requires a
configuration file and an addition to named.conf.  Setting up the new
rndc/named control channel did take a bit of head-scratching as the
documentation was scattered over several files.

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.