Subject: dhcpd dies even with ddns-updates off
To: None <>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/2001 06:00:19
I'm running dhcpd on i386, 1.5.1_ALPHA about three weeks old.  Yesterday
I installed a new machine, added it to /etc/dhcpd.conf, and then whenever
it tried to get an address, dhcpd would die, core dump, sig 11.  I removed
the new machine from /etc/dhcpd.conf, in case there was something odd with
that, but now no matter which machine that had been able to get addresses
before tries, dhcpd dies after DHCPDISCOVER & DHCPOFFER, as it's receiving

I've done some reading, and I had already had ddns-updates off set before
ever seeing this problem, and I don't see anything else in the dhcp faq
that applies.  Any ideas?

I've run ktrace on it, the output from kdump is available from

Thanks for any help.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager