Subject: Updating from 1.5_BETA to 1.5.1_ALPHA (lib conflicts)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2001 12:30:31
Hi,

I have some NetBSD boxes where I originally installed 1.5_BETA on several
months ago.  I tried updating to 1.5.1_ALPHA by 'cvs checkout
-rnetbsd-1-5 src' and built a new kernel.  I rebooted under the new
kernel, and started a make build:

-=-
[...]
install -r  -c  -o root  -g wheel -m 444 llib-lbz2.ln /usr/libdata/lint
install ===> libc
The following libraries have versions greater than the source:
/usr/lib/libc.so.12.64
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
-=-

I could get around that, but ran into this:

-=-
[...]
install -r  -c  -o root  -g wheel -m 444 llib-lusb.ln /usr/libdata/lint
install ===> libutil
The following libraries have versions greater than the source:
/usr/lib/libutil.so.5.3
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
-=-

Did I just check out the wrong tree?  Or is there something else I need to
do?

Thanks in advance - Peter
--
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request