Subject: Re: koi8 locale
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/2001 16:52:23
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 01:38:25AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> 	done in repository (so will be included in next supscan).
> 	i have no idea if the content is correct, so please comment if
> 	there are any issues.

Thank you! Though it will be hard to comment, as it is my possibly mistaken
impression that LC_COLLATE needs some support in libc? (The way to check the
database would be to see whether strcoll gives a different sort order under
a different locale...) I grabed an LC_COLLATE file out of PR 11546, but
got for example from perl:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC_CTYPE = "de_DE.ISO8859-1",
        LC_COLLATE = "de_DE.ISO8859-1",
        LANG = (unset)

% ls -l /usr/share/locale/de_DE.ISO8859-1
total 10
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   272 Jan 20 16:43 LC_COLLATE  < from PR 11546
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3240 Jan 18 12:53 LC_CTYPE    < standard one

Cheers,

Patrick