Subject: Re: Why my life is sucking. Part 2.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2001 01:51:01
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 08:43:04AM -0500, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Herb Peyerl wrote:
>
> > thinking about going back to 1.4.3 or installing Solaris.  Definitely
> > not having a good time here.
>
> Well, some advice: don't use raid, don't use softdep.

Raid advocates have already set their stand.  What about softdep?
I've used it from the very first week after it became available,
and never had serious problems; what happened to it recently?  My
system gets totally unusable when I mount /home with softdep enable.

--
	Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiendi audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.