Subject: Re: Why my life is sucking.
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2001 01:59:07
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 12:59:53AM +0100, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> We really need Kirk's snapshot code he was talking about at the latest
> Monterey-usenix.  Anyone know how it's coming along? He's working on
> this for FreeBSD, right?

He was at the FreeBSD BoF at LISA 2000 in New Orleans (I attended
because we didn't have one... nor a booth!), and it was mentioned in
passing as existing on the Sony Vaio he had along, but not being quite
ready for release. This was around December 20. My memory's a little
hazy, and there was more talk of file system modifications to reboot
without fsck'ing (vaguely related to the snapshot code? not sure...)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net