Subject: Re: Updating current in the wrong order after the make change.
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2001 12:28:37
>There's probably something simple wrong.  I made sure all my
>/usr/share/mk files were the same as what I just got from cvs. The error I
>get, whether I try to make obj or 'remake make' is similar:
>
>obj ===> bin/cat
>"/usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk", line 132: Malformed conditional (!commands(${PROG}))
>"/usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk", line 142: if-less endif
>"/usr/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk", line 142: Need an operator
>Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>*** Error code 1

a "commands()" command was added to make's syntax a few days ago.
what you need to do is update your make before you install the new .mk
files.  here's what i'd do:

# cd /usr/share/mk
# cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -p -r1.126 sharesrc/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk > bsd.prog.mk
# cd /usr/src/usr.bin/make
# make
# make install

assuming, of course, that your source tree is in sync and that's the
only problem.  :)

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|