Subject: Re: Updating current in the wrong order after the make change.
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2001 12:28:37
>There's probably something simple wrong.  I made sure all my
>/usr/share/mk files were the same as what I just got from cvs. The error I
>get, whether I try to make obj or 'remake make' is similar:
>obj ===> bin/cat
>"/usr/share/mk/", line 132: Malformed conditional (!commands(${PROG}))
>"/usr/share/mk/", line 142: if-less endif
>"/usr/share/mk/", line 142: Need an operator
>Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>*** Error code 1

a "commands()" command was added to make's syntax a few days ago.
what you need to do is update your make before you install the new .mk
files.  here's what i'd do:

# cd /usr/share/mk
# cvs -d co -p -r1.126 sharesrc/share/mk/ >
# cd /usr/src/usr.bin/make
# make
# make install

assuming, of course, that your source tree is in sync and that's the
only problem.  :)