Subject: Re: problems with Xfree 4.0.2
To: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2001 01:42:07

Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com> writes:

> Yes, at least, remove the #define from your host.def (my host.def just has
> the 'HasPerl' line in it at the moment). There is a different way of turning
> on the wscons console code, it's described in README.NetBSD, however it didn't
> work at all when I tried it.

Well, after removing WSCONS_SUPPORT from my host.def, and doing about
4 more rebuilds (doing one level more of "clean" after each, until I
finally just nuked the entire source directory and started over with
"cvs update" in the xsrc directory), I now have an X binary that
works!

The biggest disappointment was that the antialiased courier font
looked much *worse* than the plain old bitmap
lucidasanstypewrite-bold-14 I've been using for the last 5 years :-/