Subject: -current booting problems (mobo specific)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2001 13:28:40
I just rebuilt the world from this morning's anoncvs, compiled up a
fresh kernel (in an empty directory) and tried to reboot.  It would
hang just after the line:

        biomask XXXX netmask XXXX ttymask XXXX

On a normal boot, this line would occur just before the IPsec line.
        "IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing."

I could break into ddb and do a trace.

        Xspllower(...) + 0xe
        configure(...) + 0x5a

FYI this problem is only seen on my Asus a7v, Athlon 1.1Ghz.  The same
kernel boots just fine on the various Intel-based boards.  Also, a
kernel built from Dec 29 sources and the same config file works fine
on this board (and thats what I rev-ed back to).  Does any of this
ring a bell?  Could this be more of the bogus "Promise ultra100"
interrupt problem biting me?

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>