Subject: plug-n-play doesn't play nice anymore
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2001 23:02:51
Folks,
        I have a problem with my ISA pnp PCMCIA interface card that
seems to have surfaced somewhere between Dec 10 and Jan 4.  With a
kernel from circa Dec 10 the pcmcia card grabs a couple of free
interrupts (5 for socket events & 7 for my wavelan FWIW) and plays
nicely - I can used my wavelan card fine.  With a kernel from early
Jan the pcmcia gets irqs 3 and 4 which are the serial ports on the
i386, needless to say this does NOT play nicely, the wavelans have a
lot of problems competing for interrupts with the serial port.  I have
managed to hack around this by using the PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK to
mask off interrupts in use by other devices and at least get my
wavelans working again.

Sooooo, why is this happening?  Has anyone else had this problem?