Subject: Re: Maestro driver working (was: Maestro 2E in FreeBSD 4.2 working)
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2001 14:19:46
"Dr. Rene Hexel" wrote:

> "Rene Hexel" wrote:
> >   Since I just received a Notebook that has this beast, I will try and
> > have a shot at this ...
>   It took me a bit longer than expected, mainly because documentation
> for that chip is close to zero, but eventually I got it up and running.
> A NetBSD-current (as of approximately an hour ago) version of the
> Maestro-2E driver for NetBSD is available at:

Cool!  Works for me too, but I'm on a 5000e as well.

One thing:

>   maestro* at pci? dev? function ?
>   audio* at maestro?

The name "esm" has been suggested before, which is more in line with
the existing audio device naming scheme.  However, I'm not attached to
either name - I'm happy to have the laptop make noises!

Well done Rene!

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service: