Subject: bha_timeout in 1.5Q/i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2001 18:14:08
I've got a machine running 1.5Q, dmesg available in my earlier mail
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2001/01/07/0004.html).
I was doing a cvs update this afternoon, and the machine sort of
locked.  ^C & ^Z had no effect, but my shell was sort of working.
(It couldn't realy do anything but I could do 'ps&' and it would
return me to a prompt.  ps never returned, however.

I dropped the machine into the debugger, and cvs and nfsd and others
are stuck in needbuffer.  I'm not usefully familiar with the debugger
to get more information, trace just shows idle and keyboard activity.

'show all callout' shows 12 things in bha_timeout, bha0 is the scsi
controller the raid is on, and what is nfs exported, and where my
source trees are.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu