Subject: Re: Cisco Aironet Wireless
To: Atsushi Onoe <>
From: Johan Ihren <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/2001 18:17:55
Atsushi Onoe <> writes:

> >   Did anyone get this working at IETF?
> >   A colleague brought me back one to see if I could get it working for him.
> Yes, I've ported 'an' driver from FreeBSD and commited into current.
> Since we are seeking a way to control wireless interface card via
> ifconfig(8), ancontrol(8) utility is not ported.  But you can
> connect to an access point with/without WEP.

Infrastructure mode works very nicely for me (thanks again) but I just
tried adhoc mode for the first time and have not yet managed to get
that running.  The symptom is

wanda:home/johani>/sbin/ifconfig an0
        nwid ""
        powersave off
        media: IEEE802.11 autoselect adhoc
        status: no network
        inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
        inet6 fe80::240:96ff:fe34:bc64%an0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5

while the Lucent WaveLAN card I want to talk to (in another machine of
course) says "status: active".

This is -current as of 1.5P about a week ago.

Has anyone else managed to get adhoc mode working with these cards?

Johan Ihrén