Subject: Re: 1.5Q: tcpdump vs. wi0?
To: John Hawkinson <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/2001 08:25:17
In message <>, jhawk writes:

-> | 	  I've got a 1.5Q kernel from ~ 12/29/00 running on my laptop and
-> | 	  while attempting to track down some issues with my new lucent
-> | 	  802.11b card found an interesting symptom...
-> I have no problems with -current from 12/27 and a Lucent silver card.
-> What's your firmware version?

It's a Gold card with the "Winter 2001" Firmware (I think that's 6.16),
which I just loaded after getting the card, so I don't have any experience
(good or bad) with older firware versions.

-> | 	  Please let me know, if I don't hear anything I'll send-pr it in
-> | 	  a day or two.
-> It's definitely a bug.

I'll send-pr then when I can spare a couple of minutes to reproduce,
maybe try a newer kernel, collect versions of relevant code, etc.

Rafal Boni