Subject: Re: Sequent?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@lethe.dachau.marco.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/2000 10:18:09
In article <200012201748.JAA22367@fawn.cs.wwu.edu>,
	phil@cs.wwu.edu (Phil Nelson) writes:
> I doubt it.  Especially if you are talking the ns32k version.
> The only ns32k machine supported is the pc532 ... which I'm
> sure is completely different than the sequent.  There is a
> lot of stuff that would be usable, but it would take a lot
> of work to get going.

Just one more thing. The ns32k sequents did use ns32032 and ns32332
iirc. Due to this you would not be able to use shared libraries on a
ns32k sequent (at least not the way we do it on the pc532). NetBSD/pc532
is running the ns32532 in direct exception mode. Only because of this
the sb register we are using as the GOT pointer is not trashed on kernel
entry. Anything before the ns32532 did not have direct exception mode.

Regards, Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41