Subject: Re: -current setlocale() problems
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Geoff Wing <gcw@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/25/2000 20:36:46
itojun@iijlab.net wrote about Re: -current setlocale() problems:
:	i'm trying to clean up multibyte locale handling code.  please hold...

Yes, that's OK.  I didn't want to use it fully, just pass a few tests
through it :-)

:	on my system there's LC_CTYPE under:
:	/usr/share/locale/en_AU.ISO8859-1/LC_CTYPE
:	/usr/share/locale/en_AU.ISO8859-15/LC_CTYPE
:	i don't see empty en_AU directory.

OK, probably my error.  I thought I "rm -rf"'d the /usr/share/locale directory
and reinstalled src/share when I was tracking the problem with setlocale.c
but maybe I failed (or something else created them).  e.g.
% ls /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES
grep.mo    texinfo.mo
%

Anyway, maybe my error (I might have merged the old one back in).

:>Yes.  What's the general rule about those who suggest such things become
:>responsible for them?  :-)
:	there's Japanese saying for this rule ("ii-dasi-ppe no ho-so-ku") ;-)

Well, maybe you need to add LC_MESSAGES/jargon.mo files for Japanese and
English :-)

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>