Subject: Via motherboard: viaenv0 at viapm0: disabled
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/2000 19:08:39
What causes "viaenv0 at viapm0: disabled" during boot in -current?
Did I forget to config something in?  Is my viaenv somehow
unacceptable to netbsd?

This is noted on an Asus A7V Athlon mobo, which uses the Via KX133
chipset.

Other than some of the frills not working yet, the core netbsd Netbsd
functionality seems to be there.  Neat!  I was initially worried that
buying an Athlon/Via motherboard would be a big mistake.

    NetBSD 1.5M (WSRCC) #7: Sun Dec 10 16:49:25 PST 2000
        wolfgang@capsicum.wsrcc.com:/u/src/netbsd/NetBSD-current/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/WSRCC
    cpu0: AMD Athlon Model 4 (Thunderbird) (686-class), 1109.96 MHz
    cpu0: features 183f9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR>
    cpu0: features 183f9ff<PGE,MCA,CMOV,FGPAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR>
    total memory = 767 MB
    avail memory = 706 MB

-wolfgang
--