Subject: Re: PCMCIA sound card, again
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/2000 17:48:28
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org> writes:

> pcmcia0: CIS version pcmcia0: CIS info: Eiger labs,Inc., EPX-AA2000 PC Sound Card, 01
> pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x4, product 0x2000

That's totally tacky on the part of Eiger Labs.

Manufacturer code 4 is Fujitsu, and Fujuitsu product 0x2000 is the
LA501 Ethernet card, so the mbe driver has every right to think it can
attach to it.

[I'm failing to find a more canonical list of PCMCIA manufacturer IDs
than our own sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs, but the two Fujitsu cards I do
have agree with that file.]

To write a front-end for this thing, you'd want a match function that
looked at more than the vendor and ID - perhaps at the CIS tuples that
contain the descriptive strings - and returns a higher match value
than mbe_pcmcia_match, so it is used preferentially.

        - Nathan