Subject: kern/10580 ?
To: None <>
From: Jeff Rizzo <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/2000 00:45:39
I've just run into what seems like this bug with a 1.5 kernel; based
on the discussion in the PR, and the various dates, I'd have thought
that 1.5 had the working code, but apparently not.

(Brief synopsis:  ethernet cards with the Lite-On 82C169 have trouble
receiving traffic unless in promiscuous mode)

Has anyone else seen this?  I'll try this with a -current kernel (can't
really upgrade the userland at this point) if I can.

The strange thing is, these same cards (with the same kernel) seemed
to work fine when plugged into a 10/100 switch at work; when I brought
the system home and plugged it into my lowly 10baseT hub, the problems
arose... I thought I was going crazy until I found this PR.

Jeff Rizzo