Subject: Can't boot NetBSD CD on Thinkpad
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/2000 14:49:42
I ran into this probalem awhile back with a bootable CD I made myself,
and now again with the 1.5 ISO image from ftp.iastate.edu. I'm
wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, and what might be done
to get around it (or, even better, automatically get rid of it).

When I boot a NetBSD CD on one of my desktop machines, it says
"booting fd0a:netbsd".

When I *attempt* to boot from my laptop (Thinkpad 600), it says
"booting wd11a:netbsd", starts booting, prints the first two of the
numbers:

   2487259+2183616-

then locks up.

When I instead hit the space bar before the laptop can start booting,
and enter "boot fd0a:netbsd" (taking a hint from the message printed
on the successful machine), it hangs.

When I try "boot cd0a:netbsd", it prints "device not configured (same
thing happens on the machine that works).

Any ideas on how to get past this? (other than booting from floppy)