Subject: SUP/FTP tree of NetBSD-current/-release change is postponed
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/2000 01:10:16
The following change is postponed to reflect some requests posted here.

> On December 15, the NetBSD-current tree of NetBSD SUP/FTP server will
> switch from NetBSD-1.5 release branch to main trunk, and the
> NetBSD-release tree will switch from NetBSD-1.4 release branch to
> NetBSD-1.5 release branch.
>
> In other words, after December 15,
> - if you SUP NetBSD-current, you will get NetBSD-1.5N (or something)
> - if you SUP NetBSD-release, you will get NetBSD-1.5.1_ALPHA
>
> You will likely transfer many files due to this change.

Probably we will keep 1.4 release tree for a while, this also means
FTP directory name of NetBSD-release will be changed to distinguish
netbsd-1-4 branch and netbsd-1-5 branch.

I hope we can post revised announce soon.
Sorry for inconvenience.
--
soda