Subject: ex0 weird error
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2000 23:02:41
Not sure if this is Alpha or -current related:

ex0 at pci0 dev 7 function 0: 3Com 3c905B-TX 10/100 Ethernet (rev. 0x30)
ex0: interrupting at eb164 irq 1
ex0: MAC address 00:10:5a:e3:b1:54
exphy0 at ex0 phy 24: 3Com internal media interface
exphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
stray eb164 irq 1
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
ex0: uplistptr was 0
stray eb164 irq 1
ex0: uplistptr was 0
stray eb164 irq 1

After a bit of this, ex0 died completely.  This happened under an abusive
load; I'm performance testing some changes in BSD/OS's NFS client code, and
I was running a couple of simultaneous programs manipulating 2GB files.
I have temporarily switched to an Intel card, but I'm curious as to:

1.  Whether this is a known issue of some sort.
2.  Whether it's likely to be alpha-specific.
3.  Whether anyone is interested in persuing this.

If no one cares much, I'll probably send-pr it and forget about it.

-s