Subject: Re: SUP/FTP tree of NetBSD-current/-release will switch on Dec 15
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2000 15:05:06
> > If I stick with "release" will I get 1.5.1 up to release when it
switches
> > to 1.5.2_ALPHA or will it stop there?
>
> When 1.5.1 is released, NetBSD-release SUP collection will switch
> to 1.5.2_ALPHA.

I think "switch to" is a bit confusing, however.  Basically, supping
netbsd-release simply allows you to follow the 1.4, and now 1.5, branch of
the source tree.

At the moment the branch is tagged for a release (like 1.5.1), the sup will
match the release.  After that, the sup will retrieve newer versions of the
1.5 branch which will be called 1.5.2_ALPHA and so on.

Hope that helps!

Mike.