Subject: build problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js1.jsnet>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2000 08:35:47
I've had problems for the past few days trying to get
a build to happen, continually redoing cvs update,
with the assumption that it was a transient.

Anyways, this morning, I couldn't even get through the
make clean phase of make build. I determined that there
were corrupted .depend files in lib/libroken and lib/libkrb5
that were killing the make clean! When I manually deleted
the .depend file in the affected directory, the make clean
would work.

My question though, is why does a corrupted .depend file
prevent make clean from working? There seems to be a logic
problem somewhere here to me.

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net