Subject: Re: ray driver, Pro cards, and Windows
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2000 11:50:36 (Jason R Thorpe) writes:
> I've just committed some changes that should fix the interoperability
> issue between NetBSD's ray driver and the Windows drivers for the
> Aviator Pro cards.  The change is to support the 802.11 authentication
> frames.

Interesting you should mention this.  Just last evening I noticed that
when my old toshiba doorstop w. an aviator 2.4 raylink card was booted
into win98 it now talked to dhcpd on -current.  Before that win98
seemed to be deaf with respect to the 3 other netbsd-current machines
on the raylink net.  Good work!

    Dec  7 17:15:54 capsicum named[667]: unapproved update from [].55406 for
    Dec  7 17:15:54 capsicum dhcpd: if IN A doesn't exist add 1800 IN A resolver failed.
    Dec  7 17:15:54 capsicum dhcpd: DHCPREQUEST for from 00:00:f1:11:xx:xx via ray0
    Dec  7 17:15:54 capsicum dhcpd: DHCPACK on to 00:00:f1:11:xx:xx via ray0

(Now if I could figure out what I should be turning on in named to make
it happy about the dynamic updates...)

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.