Subject: NFS unmount???
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/2000 13:11:30
Hi,

This may be a silly question, but I am slightly confused. I NFS mount
my homedir from a NetBSD 1.5 NFS server, on my laptop running
NetBSD-1.5L. When I try to do an umount on this NFS mount as *root* on
my laptop, I get a permission denied error. I find it hard to believe
this is a feature, but I'm not sure. If it is, what triggers it (and
can somebody explain the `why' for it?). I suspect the following may be
relevant to this behaviour; The NFS server for this dir has
-maproot=nobody:pasta in its exports file.

Any words of wisdom for me?

Feico.