Subject: Re: NTFS mounting broken in -current?
To: None <>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/2000 16:24:46 wrote:
> I'm trying to mount a win2000 NTFS-format partition under NetBSD-current.

This does not work (i.e. the fact is not new in -current). The NTFS
support in tree works for MS Windows NT 4.0- NTFS only.

> lapdog# mount -t ntfs -o ro /dev/wd0h /nthd
> mount_ntfs: /dev/wd0h on /nthd: Argument list too long

Would you be able to repeat format something smaller to win2000 NTFS
(e.g. a ZIP), try to mount it under NetBSD and if it fails, send
me compressed image of the filesystem (or put it somewhere for download) ?
I don't have w2000 available, so I'm not able to create the image

Jaromir Dolecek <>
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn!  @@@@