Subject: Re: auvia driver problem ?
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jarom=EDr_Dolecek?= <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/2000 18:54:24
What's the Variable Rate Audio about?  Is it a feature supported in
-current but not 1.5_ALPHA?  I as sume that your hardware and mine are
essentially identical w.r.t sound.

I have the following:

 /~~~ dmesg extract

auvia0 at pci0 dev 7 function 5: VIA VT82C686A AC'97 Audio (rev H)
auvia0: interrupting at irq 10
auvia0: ICE17 codec; headphone, 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Unknown 3D
audio0 at auvia0: full duplex, mmap, independent

 \___ dmesg extract

...on a 1.5_ALPHA NetBSD/i386.

I haven't used sound much on this machine, but haven't noticed the
problems that you describe.  I _do_ have problems recording sounds,
however.  (The microphone has to practically be inside my mouth to pick up
my voice, for example.)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu