Subject: auvia driver problem ?
To: None <>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/2000 23:41:06
I'm having a problem with device:

auvia0 at pci0 dev 7 function 5: VIA VT82C686A AC'97 Audio (rev H)
auvia0: interrupting at irq 10
auvia0: WEC1 codec; Unknown 3D
auvia0: warning: codec doesn't support hardware AC'97 2.0 Variable Rate Audio
audio0 at auvia0: full duplex, mmap, independent

in that /dev/sound doesn't work properly. I can play sound
through it exactly once and it has to be the very first access
to audio after boot. If I cat an .au file to /dev/audio first,
it doesn't work either; for the second and each other try,
it doesn't work anymore too.

Any further access to /dev/sound then yields Invalid Argument error.
Does anyone with auvia have this problem too ?

Jaromir Dolecek <>
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn!  @@@@