Subject: UBC code and performance improvements
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2000 16:59:40
I just updated to -current (from something around 1.5_BETA), built a
kernel (after removing the existing build directory), rebooted, did
make build of userland, rebooted again, then did another kernel
build. I only noticed a difference of about 30 seconds 14:53 vs 15:23)
between the first kernel build (done using 1.5_BETA) and the last one
(using all 1.5L). Did I miss some change that I was supposed to make
to enable UBC, or is this just not a good benchmark? (I'm using a more
or less GENERIC kernel, btw, no setting of BUFPAGES, NBUFS or any of
that)