Subject: Re: HEADS UP: UBC code integrated
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2000 23:11:35
Matthias Scheler wrote:

> In article <20001127011834.A11840@spathi.chuq.com>,
> 	Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> writes:
> > the Unified Buffer Cache project that I've been working on pretty much
> > forever has finally been integrated into -current.
>
> Great. Is there a userland program to see how well it works?

I've just committed some changes that allow "vmstat -s" and "systat
bufcache" to show the memory usage of the vnode page cache.  "vmstat -s"
includes:

	     2736 vnode page cache pages

and "systat bufcache" has a line like:

	There are 2736 pages for vnode page cache using 21888 kBytes of memory.

The kernel and the UVM include files in /usr/include/uvm (as well as the
two programs!) will need to be updated to show this info.

Simon.
NetBSD Sales, Support and Service:  http://www.wasabisystems.com/