Subject: Re: HEADS UP: UBC code integrated
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2000 11:37:19
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 01:49:56PM -0500, Laine Stump wrote:
> Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com> writes:
>
> At any rate, based on the reports, I guess it's time to switch my
> sources from the netbsd-1-5 branch back to current ;-) (any gotchas in
> the switch?)
Almost every time a new release is coming up, I decide to stick with
the release for my machines and live in a happy stable environment
where things just work and you don't waste time on following  a moving
target. And everytime, even before the release is out, something
seriously cool is committed on the current branch. Tempty, tempty...
Have only one good way to deal with the temptation; give in to it.
Sigh! Just switched my two personal machines from 1.5 to -current
branch again. I hope I can resist the temptation to leave the lab
servers alone for some time at least ;-}.

(PS: I cannot remember any serious gotchas. Maybe you need to rebuild
make (and rpcgen?) first, and some things need at least a `make clean'
if you build with UPDATE set to 1.)

Feico.