Subject: mt -f /dev/nrst0 [anything] -> ENODEV
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2000 00:08:06
Greetings;

I have just decided to replace my EXB-8200 with an EXB-4200c (given to me
by a friend).  I'm having some problems, one in particular, which are
driving me nuts.

First and foremost, any command given to mt -f /dev/nrst0 meets
resistance with "Operation not supported by device".

Secondly, I put DDS-60 tapes in (DDS1 spec), and it keeps spittin' 'em
out, and I don't know why.  I think this might be a hw error.

I do note the conspicuous absence of a EXB-4200c drive in the st.c
tables, but the machine (SPARCstation 5/170 [karch sun4m]) seems
to have no problem in recognizing the drive at boot time (i.e. it doesn't
say "...not configured" after finding the drive).

Is this just a matter of a missing quirk entry for this thing, or what?

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: u_long uptime;