Subject: Spreadsheets on NetBSD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/2000 19:35:36

My current options:

* Linux Applixware 5.0.  Haven't played with the spreadsheet much, but I'm
not sure I trust it to run reliably, having had some quirks on the initial
setup.
* FreeBSD Applixware 5.0.  Haven't been able to get it to run.
* StarOffice 5.1:  I got it running once, and might try again, but it
was painfully slow.
* StarOffice 5.2:  Can't get it to run.

Anyone got any other options?  The main things I want are:
1.  2-dimensional lookups in tables, using words (not numbers) as indicies.
2.  The option of formatting cell contents so I can read them.  :)
3.  Usable interface.

I'm currently stuck with a fairly bad Mac spreadsheet, and I'd like to see
if NetBSD's package system can help me, but I haven't found anything likely
yet.  I'm not even sure what category I should be looking in...  I found
a couple things in math/, but nothing that sounds quite like a real product
yet.  :(

-s