Subject: Re: LOCKDEBUG messages
To: Jarle Greipsland <jarle@runit.sintef.no>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/2000 09:59:35
On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 06:48:22PM +0100, Jarle Greipsland wrote:

 > I have recently been experiencing som mysterous hangs when using LFS.
 > All disk activity would cease, but the system would still respond to
 > network and console activity.  I built a new kernel with LOCKDEBUG
 > enabled, and soon after I started activities on the LFS, I got a slew
 > of console messages:

This is probably an LFS bug -- I'm currently running a MULTIPROCESSOR
Alpha kernel on yesterday's sources (don't get too excited, the scheduler
doesn't quite work on the second CPU yet :-), but that also means live
locks, and I'm not seeing any trouble... and have been doing heavy file
system activity.

Anyway, I suggest you file a bug report, and hopefully Konrad will run
a LOCKDEBUG kernel on his LFS devel machine :-)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>