Subject: Re: Communicator 4.76 problem on 1.5_BETA2/i386
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/2000 18:46:27
Frank van der Linden writes:
> >    468 netscape CALL  sigreturn(0xbfbfc0a4)
> >    468 netscape RET   sigreturn -1 errno -2 No such file or directory
> >    468 netscape PSIG  SIGALRM caught handler=0x893e7d0 mask=() code=0x0
>
> I've seen something like this too. It doesn't look like an emulation
> bug to me, it somehow just gets into an endless loop with timeouts.

Well if I can figure out how to repeat it on demand, I'll ktrace it
more.

> This trace simply shows that it's getting SIGALRM a lot, and that
> it's calling gettimeofday() in the signal handler. It's hard to
> tell what the actual cause is of the loop.

What's the meaning of the "No such file or directory" error that is
being returned?  The manpage for sigreturn() doesn't list ENOENT as
a valid error return code.  Looking at linux_sys_sigreturn I don't
see where it would return ENOENT, just EFAULT, or EINVAL.
Or is this return value being set by the netscape signal handler?

Thanks.

-Andrew