Subject: Re: Communicator 4.76 problem on 1.5_BETA2/i386
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/2000 18:33:34
Aaron J. Grier writes:
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 04:26:30PM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> > I've seen something like this too. It doesn't look like an emulation
> > bug to me, it somehow just gets into an endless loop with timeouts.
>
> it does this under linux, too.

Ahh, perhaps the BSDI or FreeBSD binary then?  It happens far too often
on my machine.

> so how does the new amaya look?  ;)

I don't know, but I built Mozilla and it is very nice.  If it supported
java (does it with the sun-jre?) I could scratch communicator altogether.
Well, except on the P133 with 40MB as Mozilla is too much of a pig.
Wasn't Netscape 6/Mozilla supposed to be smaller and faster than Netscape
4, or was that just marketing?

-Andrew