Subject: Re: Problems with 1.5_BETA CardBus
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2000 14:33:46
In message <200011152216.QAA28022@guild.plethora.net>Peter Seebach writes
>In message <200011152206.eAFM6rH20627@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>, Ken Hornstein
>rites:
>>I doubt this is a showstopper for 1.5, but I am curious; are there lots of
>>people who are _using_ CardBus without any problems, or is it relatively
>>uncommon?  (I'm trying to figure out if this is endemic to all laptops,
>>or only a few).

I use it heavily for my own laptop: netgear tlp0 ethernet,
plus a wavelan wi0 card that i hotswap.

The interrupt routines for several pccard NIC drivers are buggy; they
take interupts before the card is truly up. That obviously causes
problems for hotswaps if the pccbb (or pcmcia bridge) shares an
interrupt with some other device.  Fixes for the wi0 driver
are in 1.5_BETA2.

There are also some really unspeakable delay() calls in the CardBus
attach code.  I have patches to use tsleep() exactly as the i82365,c
does.  Works fine for me. a copule of other people have tried them
with success.