Subject: Re: multiple cdrom recognition
To: None <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2000 21:39:22
On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 01:11:04PM -0500, Joseph Sarkes wrote:
> I have a 52x cdrom drive as master on my secondary ide controller
> and a dvd drive as slave on the same controller. The cdrom drive
> is recognized, but the dvd isn't looked at during the probing. Is
> this on purpose? The drive works fine under linux, so it is a bit

No. Could you enable probe debug messages (set wdcdebug_mask and
wdcdebug_atapi_mask either in source code or with gdb:
gdb --write /netbsd
set wdcdebug_atapi_mask=0x10
set wdcdebug_mask=0x10
quit
and send me the dmesg ?

What version are you running ? If it's 1.4.2 you may want to try a 1.4.3
or 1.5 kernel.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>